Back Story

Go down

Back Story

Post  Cold Shock on Tue May 03, 2011 1:05 pm

This RP is set in an alternate universe, primarily in Duskbreak City. Fifteen years before the start of the plot a mutant lost control of his powers. Thousands died in a catastrophic explosion. Across the United States of America, citizens panicked in fear of the mutants. A Bill was made and supported; any mutants that use their powers will be hunted down by S.H.I.E.L.D. The Bill was not passed for five years. Superheroes were forced to retire from their occupation on threat of death. Mutant gangs struck back. One gang in particular was against this law, the Duskbreakers.
The Duskbreakers were a powerful and technologically advanced organization based in Mount Haven and the top priority of S.H.I.E.L.D. A year before the RP begins, the Duskbreakers were developing a drug designed to mutate civilians. The Duskbreakers were secretly creating a mutant army. A surge of mutant activity occurred six months after the criminal organization had finished its super-serum. S.H.I.E.L.D. ordered Mount Haven quarantined. Without the interference of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the rest of the government the Duskbreakers were free to take over Mount Haven. The city was renamed Duskbreak city after the gang and divided into three majorly different districts.
Several super-heroes returned to crime fighting, breaching into the dystopian Duskbreak City. Their efforts to combat the Duskbreakers have been mostly unsuccessful except in the Upper Town District. Police collaborate with the heroes to protect those who can afford to live in the richest communities of Duskbreak City. The famous superheroes occasionally venture out to the Town Square area, the middle ground between Uptown and the Slums. The Slums are the largest part of Duskbreak City. This region was once a growing economic empire, but it has been brought to its knees by corruption. The majority of civilians live in the Slums. Those who live in the Slums cannot afford luxuries; they only desire to avoid the wrath of the Duskbreakers. Several of these civilians are mutants who have taken up a form of resistance inspired by the heroes of old. Now there is a massive power struggle between heroes and villains for the fate of Duskbreak City.

Cold Shock
Admin

View user profile http://mrom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down